The Charlotte Post Foundation will become the premier link to resources and expertise that help create life-changing educational opportunities for African American youth.
The three components of our mission are as follows:
- Bringing the proper expertise and resources together to help define issues and seek solutions that will positively impact the educational opportunities of African American youth in their primary school years;
- Applying skills, knowledge and research to assist African American youth with their early educational development.
- Awarding college scholarships to eligible African American seniors in Mecklenburg County, who aspire to further their quest for a quality education.
The Charlotte Post Foundation values African American youth and their potential. We embrace the following core values & principles:
- We believe African American youth should receive equal access to competent educational resources, enhancing their opportunity for a quality education and realizing their greatest potential.
- We recognize challenges facing African American youth in the community and move with urgency to strategically address the issues.
- We are a catalyst for uniting partners to act and implement strategies which transform the lives of African American youth.
- We understand the value of collaborative partnerships in effectively addressing the challenges facing African American youth.
- We value integrity and ethical behavior in ourselves and in our partners.
- We value effectiveness and accountability and will adapt our strategies when necessary to achieve even greater success with measurable outcomes.
- We believe in the collective intellectual strength of African American youth and their ability to partner in shaping a better community for the future.