The Charlotte Post Foundation will become the premier link to resources and expertise that help create life-changing educational opportunities for African American youth.
The three components of our mission are as follows:
- Convening the community with the proper expertise and resources to discuss issues negatively impacting the African American community and help seek solutions that will have positive impact in those areas of healthcare, education, crime and economic equity.
- Applying skills, knowledge and research to assist African American youth with their early educational development.
- Awarding college scholarships to eligible African American seniors in Mecklenburg and Wake Counties, who aspire to further their quest for a quality education.
The Charlotte Post Foundation values African American youth and their potential. We embrace the following core values & principles:
- We believe African American youth should receive equal access to competent educational resources, enhancing their opportunity for a quality education and realizing their greatest potential.
- We recognize challenges facing African American youth in the community and move with urgency to strategically address the issues.
- We are a catalyst for uniting partners to act and implement strategies which transform the lives of African American youth.
- We understand the value of collaborative partnerships in effectively addressing the challenges facing African American youth.
- We value integrity and ethical behavior in ourselves and in our partners.
- We value effectiveness and accountability and will adapt our strategies when necessary to achieve even greater success with measurable outcomes.
- We believe in the collective intellectual strength of African American youth and their ability to partner in shaping a better community for the future.